Minutes of annual meeting, Plantagon Non Profit Assocation, September 17th 2015, 17.00 – 19.00 (CEST)
§1. Opening of the annual meeting
The meeting was called to order.
a. Election of chairman
- Magnus Hjelmare was elected chairman of the meeting.
b. Election of secretary for the meeting.
- Sara Grundemark was elected secretary of the meeting.
c. Election of certifiers and tellers (person responsible for counting the votes)
- Mats Hellström and Henrik Passmark were elected certifiers and tellers of the meeting.
§2. Establish a quorum
The quorum was established and approved. See attachment 1.
§3. Approval of proposed agenda
The proposed agenda was approved.
§ 4. Approval of how the meeting was called
The meeting was determined duly convened.
§ 5. The Board’s administration report
Due to many board members leaving their posts it has been difficult to establish a good working group. Lack of consistency in meetings and lack of leadership has contributed to few decisions and actions being taken.
§ 6. Financial report
a. Presentation of annual report and auditor’s report
Since it is not mandatory to have an auditor’s report for the association during the interim period, such report has not been compiled. However, the board would like to share the following information regarding the financial situation.
- There are 206 closure right members and 331 members in total
- The income generated is mainly based upon consultancy work made for the city of Malmö. The work was performed by the for profit company, but the work was initiated as non profit and the grants went to the PNA. Also, paid seminars and lectures at universities and companies have generated income as well as members. Retail of memberships, t-shirts and other items in the shop has also contributed to the income.
- Expenses during the financial year includes the hiring of Sepehr Mousavizadeh during a shorter period of time, work performed related to the annual report and work performed to develop the members’ digital platform.
§ 7. Decisions on
a. establishment of profit and loss account and balance sheet
The profit and loss account were presented and established by the meeting.
b. disposal concerning the association´s profit or loss according to the established balance sheet,
The meeting resolved that the profit should be transferred to the new balance sheet.
c. approval of that the activities complied with the purpose requirements as stated in the regulations and
The meeting approved that the activities comply with the purpose requirements as stated in the regulations. This in accordance with § 5. d. freedom from responsibility for the members of the board and management.
The board was discharged from liability.
§ 8. Establishment of remunerations for members of the Board and auditor
The quorum approved to empower the board to make decisions on remuneration.
§ 9. Election of Board and if appropriate election of auditor and auditor deputies and deputies for the members of the board
Yusuf Abdul- Qadir suggested that 8 people should be elected in the board in difference to the proposal of the board consisting of 4 people, which was suggested by the nomination committee. A vote was made according to these two suggestions:
Votes in favor of 8 people:
Yusuf Abdul- Qadir
Votes in favor of 4 people:
Hans Hassle abstained voting.
The following Board members were proposed by the nomination committee and elected by the quorum:
Auditor: No auditor was chosen. The meeting suggests that PwC should accept the role as auditor on pro- bono.
§ 10. Additional matters transferred to the annual meeting from the Board
There were no additional matters transferred to the annual meeting.
§ 11. Additional matters
- Plantagon initiated a work on standardization for Urban Agriculture together with SIS that has been taken up on an ISO level.
- A discussion about Hans Hassle leaving as CEO of Plantagon International AB and moving to the Non Profit side has been initiated. When and if this might happen is not decided.
- Hans Hassle suggested that Plantagon Non Profit Association should have national boards or chapters within the Non Profit Association and one umbrella organization. The recruitment of members could be performed within each chapter where they can create their own activities. This enables smaller working group to work locally but still connect in the international organization. It was suggested that the board etablish a working group to realize this proposal.
- Hans Hassle informed that AMF has been introduced to the idea of the non-profit side working as consultants to implement the Global Compact in AMF. This gives great possibilities for the PNA to earn money.
- The board has a responsibility to establish a sound economy in the association by carrying out activities that lead to income for the association. It is also the board’s responsibility to increase the number of members.
§ 12. Closing of the meeting
The meeting was declared closed.
If you have any questions please send an email to: